Agnostic Devotion

"Oh Ganesha. Why so much trouble for me? I've been coming here for two weeks now and these people don't seem to be in any hurry at all!"

"Ah! So you finally asked. I was waiting for you to!"

"Waiting? Why?"

"Others are usually quicker in coming to me. Your own mother and sister would serve as ideal examples."

"Well, they trust you are more powerful than the man behind that table who will sign the paper finally! I don't."

"Well, why don't you Rohit?"

"Cos I know you wont be signing the paper for me. You wont be giving me the Police Clearance Certificate.It will be him who does that. I am practical, others at my house are not."

"Ask your mom or sister, they'll tell you I can do everything."

"Yes, they tell me even when I dont ask."

"So then what keeps you from listening?"

"Have you ever helped things work out for me?"

"Have you ever tried seeking my help?"

"Well... you talk too much. Fine then, I do. Get this done for me today!"

"Ah.. You and your Agnostic Devotion!! This is not the way you must deal with things..."

"So what? You wont do it now?"

"I will! But..."

"But what?"

"But for a price."

"Whats the price?"

"Pathinoru Thenga"

"Eleven coconuts ?!?! Wtf ?! Even if its 15 for one, its 165 totally."

"Oh so you can do maths can you ?"

"I can. And I also know that if I pay 100 rupees to that man behind the table there, he can get it done for me. He is cheaper than you are and he can also get it done for me. Guarantee."

"You think he can do it better than me?"

"Yes I do. And moreover, his existence is not disputed."

"Well, he can only do what is his job. That clearance you need needs some 10 different people to do things. Not all are in his hands."

"He must have his methods to do stuff. He is doing this day-in day-out."

"Well even after all these people, the Commissioner needs to approve your clearance. This man cannot affect the Commissioner, can he?"

"Maybe not, but the commissioner wont delay stuff."

"What if the Commissioner suddenly has more important work to tend to? What if the Commissioner has visitors all day?"

"Well thats unlikely."

"Unlikely? Oh fine then, you bribe that man and get your job done."

*****
(2 days later)

"Sir, My Police Clearance Certificate?"

"Yes pa, I finished everything necessary and left it in the Commissioner's office the same day. But then it hasn't been processed since then."

"Why sir ? Two days, shouldn't it have been signed by now?"

"Well, The commissioner's been having an unusually large number of visitors."


"Er... You cant do anything about it, Sir?"

"No pa, I cant. That is certainly not in my hands. When did you say you need this certificate by?"

"Today, Sir."

"Well then pray to Lord Ganesha. Only he can help you."

"Lord Ganesha?!"

'Ha...ha...haa!!"

IPL Quarterly Review Games 1-18

KKR tops the league right now having won 3 of their 4 games, but their success may owe more to their opponents than their own achievements. ...

Readers' Favorites