Sitting on a moving train....

I'm sitting on a moving train thinking of my life.
As I look out through the window,
I see trees and the lamp posts hurtling past by my side.
I wonder, if events, the people, the memories,
Are fleeting and momentary just as the trees outside.

I'm sitting on a moving train, thinking of my dreams,
As my eyes droop, Of ambitions, my desires,
I see what I want to see, nice, big and clear.
I wonder, Getting what I want to get, if its sleep I'm under,
And awake suddenly, I wish I didn't wonder.

I'm sitting on a moving train, feeling truly bored.
As a million thoughts come knocking, at my mind's door,
I lose my hold over my mind as the thoughts break in,
I wonder if in the million, there is a single great one,
That ll take me to greatness, and glory to equal the Sun.

I'm sitting on a moving train, seeing a small baby,
As it dances, innocent, carefree and ever-happy,
I see it cuddled, kissed and loved,
I wonder why I ever grew up, to sit here today,
To a life that between extremes of bad luck, manages to sway.

I'm sitting on a moving train, thinking of life,
As the train slows down, and its noise finally dies,
I can see around calmness, broken by chatter,
Chatter of a thousand people, ready to move on,
For the train may stop and the train will stop, But our life must go on.

IPL Quarterly Review Games 1-18

KKR tops the league right now having won 3 of their 4 games, but their success may owe more to their opponents than their own achievements. ...

Readers' Favorites